2.6K views 4 comments
Featured on Facebook Not resolved

My boyfriend Bought me the 60inch element HD Tv this Feb 14 2015 for a Valentine's gift and it now has a bright long straight green line going from the top to the bottom in the middle of the screen.He did not buy the intended warranty so now I'm stuck with this screwed up tv.

Related: Element Electronics - TV SHUTS OFF AFTER 5 SECONDS

When we first got it u could turn it on and only the voice would work NO PICTURES so we turned it off and back in to get it to work properly.Stuck with a bad high dollar element tv and not happy about it :(

Review about: Element Elefw605 60-Inch Tv.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Element Electronics Tv
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Element Electronics?

Comments

I got the same tv with the same problem.I purchased the extended warranty and I still got the round a round by tech support.So I ended up taking to a local repair shop with an out of pocket expense,and to my surprise he told me it was the screen and that it wasn't available,and he also said if the part was available it would cost more to fix then the tv was worth.So i'm sorry we all got screwed.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #995986

Got a 55 in.Vizio and same thing happened.

Have been off work for surgeries and planned on watching some movies on big screen. Not so ended up watching on laptop for awhile.

Now we have a big black picture in the living room.Bummer!!!

Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States #994163

If you bought this with a visa or mastercard then they normally provide an extended warranty up to 1 yr.So if original warranty is 3 months then credit card covers another 3 months.

If original warranty is 1 yr then credit card extends that by 1 yr.

So just call the customer service number of the back of your credit card to get more info.

If you paid with cash then you are out of luck unless it is still under warranty.

I found it is sometimes a good idea to buy from Best Buy since they do some price matching against other vendors and Amazon and they allow returns normally within 30 days.I believe Costco and Sams allow returns within 90 days.

Fullerton, California, United States #993928

First of all, never buy a tv from walmart.Second, always pay extra and get a good one.

I bought 3 cheap tv's and took them all back and bought a Samsung from Best Buy.Still working great after 4 years.