Element Electronics - Review about Element 60-Inch Hdtv

My boyfriend Bought me the 60inch element HD Tv this Feb 14 2015 for a Valentine's gift and it now has a bright long straight green line going from the top to the bottom in the middle of the screen.He did not buy the intended warranty so now I'm stuck with this screwed up tv.

When we first got it u could turn it on and only the voice would work NO PICTURES so we turned it off and back in to get it to work properly.Stuck with a bad high dollar element tv and not happy about it :(

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Element Elefw605 60-Inch Tv
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #648280 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Element Electronics? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 23 #1132723

I got the same tv with the same problem.I purchased the extended warranty and I still got the round a round by tech support.So I ended up taking to a local repair shop with an out of pocket expense,and to my surprise he told me it was the screen and that it wasn't available,and he also said if the part was available it would cost more to fix then the tv was worth.So i'm sorry we all got screwed.

Jun 16, 2015 #995986 Phoenix, Arizona

Got a 55 in. Vizio and same thing happened. Have been off work for surgeries and planned on watching some movies on big screen. Not so ended up watching on laptop for awhile. Now we have a big black picture in the living room. Bummer!!!

Jun 12, 2015 #994163 Waukesha, Wisconsin

If you bought this with a visa or mastercard then they normally provide an extended warranty up to 1 yr. So if original warranty is 3 months then credit card covers another 3 months. If original warranty is 1 yr then credit card extends that by 1 yr.
So just call the customer service number of the back of your credit card to get more info. If you paid with cash then you are out of luck unless it is still under warranty.
I found it is sometimes a good idea to buy from Best Buy since they do some price matching against other vendors and Amazon and they allow returns normally within 30 days. I believe Costco and Sams allow returns within 90 days.

Jun 11, 2015 #993928 Fullerton, California

First of all, never buy a tv from walmart. Second, always pay extra and get a good one. I bought 3 cheap tv's and took them all back and bought a Samsung from Best Buy. Still working great after 4 years.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Element Electronics. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Element Electronics.
Filing a new complaint about