Des Moines, Iowa

We bought a 40"LCD HDTV from Target on black friday 2012.It was great at first but then we started to notice that it would shut itself off, finally it shut itself off last night and we cannot turn it back on.

Related: Element Electronics - Element tvs suck and they was not able to help me

We cannot find the reciept nor do we have the box. It's too bad that as big of a retailer that Target is they could not help us out. So now my family and I are without a TV, thank you Target.

I even called element tv and they could not do anything without a reciept.And after some exploring on their website I found out that the model number on my TV does not exist!

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Element Electronics Tv
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $400
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Element Electronics?

Comments

A friend

What *** doesn't keep the box and receipt for a TV?You sound like you deserve what you got...who buys a TV from Target anyway?

Want quality?

Quit being such a tightwad and buy from a real store!:cry

Disappointed Customer

I also purchased a Element TV from Target. I thought I noticed a problem with the TV within the first 30 days of owning it, so I called Element and spoke with one of their technicians. He told me that the TV was fine and that the newer TVs worked the way mine did. Unfortunately, I believed him, so I didn't take it back to the store and get my money back.

Now I have more problems with the TV. I can't hook up a cable box because the TV will not let me choose channel 3. It shuts off by itself. It freezes up and I have to watch a black screen until the TV decides it wants to do something. The remote control sucks. I have to press the button TWICE in order to change channels. It takes forever to program.

I finally called a technician about a month ago and finally was told that the TV had MAJOR problems.

I didn't realize it when I purchased the TV that in order to get service, I would have to ship the TV back to the company AFTER providing them with a faxed copy of the receipt. I have NEVER owned a TV that I could not take to a local repair shop. I emailed Element several times. It took some time just to get customer service to really READ my emails.

I am stuck with a piece of JUNK! I REFUSE to pay the shipping to send the TV back to the company for repair or a REFURBISHED replacement.

I told customer service that I might make a video of all the problems with the TV and post it on youtube. She wasn't happy about that...

In the meantime, it seems Target has stopped selling Element TVs only 6 months after I purchased mine.