On 9-5-2014 I purchased a 40” LED television made by Element Electronics at Target in Bridgewater, NJ for $299.99 + tax, took it home, and the television worked fine until April 25, 2015. I turned on the television and it had a black screen and I could hear the sound in the background.
I contacted Element Electronics by telephone and was told that an email would be sent to me explaining the return process. A week went by, and no email. I called again on May 3rd, and this time the customer service person sent me the email while I was on the phone with her. On May 11th I received another email detailing on how I should ship the tv to their return address for defective unit:
Sending the item back to Element Electronics for repair via UPS will cost me $167. I called Element Electronics to inform them of this and was told that their policy is that the customer absorbs the cost of shipping of the defective tv.
I’m sending a letter to Target Stores – where I bought the tv, about my bad experience with Elements Electronics. I bought the television in good faith from that company and lost $300 because of Elements Electronics’ deceptive and crappy warranty. Element Electronics know that the shipping cost of the defective items would deter customers from sending the item back to them and it's really unfair to the consumer.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor product and customer service
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- pay the shipping fee to your warehouse for repair.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Element 40-Inch Hdtv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I went to quail springs mall with my mom to get her eyes checked and get some new glasses. We'll on the way to go look at frames I was..."
- "The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years. Bought the two deal special late 2013. Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other..."
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "Sold windows by a rep named Lazlo who claims he makes over 100k per year- Too much information. Upon our installation we were given entirely different storm doors than..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "I lost 75 lbs and it feels like 100 lbs. I couldn't have done it without the Roca Labs regimen.It was so easy to do. Those who say it doesn't..."