Branchburg, New Jersey

On 9-5-2014 I purchased a 40” LED television made by Element Electronics at Target in Bridgewater, NJ for $299.99 + tax, took it home, and the television worked fine until April 25, 2015. I turned on the television and it had a black screen and I could hear the sound in the background.

I contacted Element Electronics by telephone and was told that an email would be sent to me explaining the return process. A week went by, and no email. I called again on May 3rd, and this time the customer service person sent me the email while I was on the phone with her. On May 11th I received another email detailing on how I should ship the tv to their return address for defective unit:

Sending the item back to Element Electronics for repair via UPS will cost me $167. I called Element Electronics to inform them of this and was told that their policy is that the customer absorbs the cost of shipping of the defective tv.

I’m sending a letter to Target Stores – where I bought the tv, about my bad experience with Elements Electronics. I bought the television in good faith from that company and lost $300 because of Elements Electronics’ deceptive and crappy warranty. Element Electronics know that the shipping cost of the defective items would deter customers from sending the item back to them and it's really unfair to the consumer.

THIEVES!!!!

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: pay the shipping fee to your warehouse for repair..

I didn't like: Poor product and customer service.

Had an Experience with Element Electronics?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion