On 9-5-2014 I purchased a 40” LED television made by Element Electronics at Target in Bridgewater, NJ for $299.99 + tax, took it home, and the television worked fine until April 25, 2015. I turned on the television and it had a black screen and I could hear the sound in the background.
I contacted Element Electronics by telephone and was told that an email would be sent to me explaining the return process. A week went by, and no email. I called again on May 3rd, and this time the customer service person sent me the email while I was on the phone with her. On May 11th I received another email detailing on how I should ship the tv to their return address for defective unit:
Sending the item back to Element Electronics for repair via UPS will cost me $167. I called Element Electronics to inform them of this and was told that their policy is that the customer absorbs the cost of shipping of the defective tv.
I’m sending a letter to Target Stores – where I bought the tv, about my bad experience with Elements Electronics. I bought the television in good faith from that company and lost $300 because of Elements Electronics’ deceptive and crappy warranty. Element Electronics know that the shipping cost of the defective items would deter customers from sending the item back to them and it's really unfair to the consumer.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor product and customer service
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- pay the shipping fee to your warehouse for repair.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Element 40-Inch Hdtv
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "14 months after purchasing my PIC units, one of them came totally apart. Customer service tells me "sorry it only comes with a 12 month warranty. Offered me a discount..."
- "We purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher (Model 665.13732K601) when we remodeled approximately 4 years ago. The dishwasher has done a good job cleaning, but after the first year the buttons..."
- "I bought an Element 4K tv on Thanksgiving day 2015 from Target. Starting having problems after about 6 months with snowy strip down the right side. It would..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "You know, there are good website hosting companies out there, there are average, there are bad... and then there are outright thieves. I am not talking about the: "Oh, they..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "My Name is Maryann I am a real person. I am hear to defend Johnny The Healer! After seeing these horrible lies about Johnny the Healer i had to..."