Element Electronics - DO NOT BUY ELEMENT TV

On 9-5-2014 I purchased a 40” LED television made by Element Electronics at Target in Bridgewater, NJ for $299.99 + tax, took it home, and the television worked fine until April 25, 2015. I turned on the television and it had a black screen and I could hear the sound in the background.

I contacted Element Electronics by telephone and was told that an email would be sent to me explaining the return process. A week went by, and no email. I called again on May 3rd, and this time the customer service person sent me the email while I was on the phone with her. On May 11th I received another email detailing on how I should ship the tv to their return address for defective unit:

Sending the item back to Element Electronics for repair via UPS will cost me $167. I called Element Electronics to inform them of this and was told that their policy is that the customer absorbs the cost of shipping of the defective tv.

I’m sending a letter to Target Stores – where I bought the tv, about my bad experience with Elements Electronics. I bought the television in good faith from that company and lost $300 because of Elements Electronics’ deceptive and crappy warranty. Element Electronics know that the shipping cost of the defective items would deter customers from sending the item back to them and it's really unfair to the consumer.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Poor product and customer service

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
pay the shipping fee to your warehouse for repair.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Element 40-Inch Hdtv
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #658587

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Element Electronics? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 7 Yes 7
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Element Electronics. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Element Electronics.
Filing a new complaint about