Element Electronics - NEVER BUY ELEMENT TV

I bought an element TV 42" at target and two months after the TV started to turn off by itself every 5 minutes.I went to target and couldn't return it so I contacted Element customer service, that is awful, and they send some parts and a technician to repair it (it took 4 weeks to arrive).

The technician were not able to fix it and left the tv image upside down. I called Element again and they told me that if I want my tv repaired I need to send it to the tech service and PAY FOR THE SHIPMENT! OMG, I buy something that stops working after 2 motnhs, I am treated like s... buy their customer service and now they want me to PAY for the shipment!

This company is a very bad joke!

Who garantee me that after sending the TV and PAYING for the shipment the new tv is going to work??NEVER LOOSE YOUR MONEY ON THIS TV BRAND!

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 4 No 4
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

21 hours ago #1188696

I bought the same tv and have had no issues for a few years now. The interesting thing I have noticed in forums is people who buy tvs and press the sleep button causing the tv to shut off after the a few minutes of being turned on. Most have reported back that after turning off sleep mode it was fixed. I do not know that this was the issue with your tv but it has fooled many. To be clear I am not in any way affiliated with element but I am a big fan of buying American and Element is located and assembled in South Carolina.
ultimately brand doesn't matter, issues happen with them all. I goof around in forums and read about tvs before I buy and have noticed every company has issues and many are the same issue. I also constantly read about bad customer service from them all, but that is mainly because like OP no one posts about products till there is an issue to bring to other consumers. Sorry, I'm not saying your issue wasn't warranted but in my position I feel they are a great company. Many factors could have led to your disposition and with that I can not speak for your position.

Dec 30, 2015 #1086376 Vallejo, California

I have a nice 75" laservue Mitsubishi TV. I paid good money for it at a reputable electronics store. I also have a nice 55" monitor I bought at the same store. It, also, was not cheap. Both of these have worked flawlessly for years. Good electronics products are not cheap. If you think getting a 42" tv at walmart for $96.84 at walmart is a deal, you deserve what you get. You are also the person that will probably vote for Trump or Clinton like you did obama and then wonder why america is collapsing.

4 0 Reply

Dec 30, 2015 #1086368

Listen genius. You people make me sick. How stup1d can people get?!? EVERY year companies gather all of their defective products and then box them up with a new company name. In this case Element. They box them up real pretty, put a cartoon charchter on the side for imbec1les to associate with, and then send 1 billion of them to walmart, target or Best Buy for ghetto-living scumbags to fight over. None of these id1ots, like you, take into consideration that a 99" TV that costs $19 is a piece of cr@p that will either stop working after 31 days of watching your american cartoons, or burn your mobile home down. Last year the name Element did not exist. Next year they won't exist either. I know it's asking alot for you target and walmart shopper m0rons to use a teenie-weenie bit of common sense, but come on. You know you get what you pay for. I'm sure if common sense came with foodstamps, people like you would be brilliant! Until then, just keep thowing your money away on garbage and keep quiet.

2 0 Reply
Jony Shop

Jan 01 #1087004

Both of the two commenters are...well dipsticks and should go blank themselves.

Dec 14, 2015 #1078549

I have had an element tv for 4 years and it has always worked great

Dec 30, 2015 #1086379 Vallejo, California

You should have boght a lotto ticket.

Nov 30, 2015 #1071903

I completely agree!!!! I will never do business with them. They sent me a defective TV and refused to honor their warranty.

Sep 22, 2015 #1037348

It's just garbage. I have a 32" that basically spent its first year off, when I started using it after one month the screen went dead. Called the technical support and somebody with a terrible accent poor guy, tried to explain to me that he was really sorry and nothing else. Never again, I should have known the low price came was not for free haha.
Junk!!

Element_EL_SUCKS

Aug 16, 2014 #857461

Wish I saw this mine didn't even last a week and they wanted me to pay to ship it then too.

john

Dec 17, 2013 #760118

I have an element, 6 years now with not one problem

3 1 Reply

Jun 13, 2015 #994793 Chicago, Illinois

The same I had my for 6 years and I believe that problem could been solve easy because that happened to me in the middle of the night and it scared me every time but they show me that's on the setting that one of my little cousins was messing around with the control and put the time to turn on but yea I love my Element TV

Dec 30, 2015 #1086371 Vallejo, California

It does not cost any more to post with puctuation.

Jan 19 #1097274

*punctuation

1 0
stupid consumer

Oct 08, 2013 #726863

They got me on this one too. Never again. They sent me 2 defective TV's and I still don't have one, it's been over 4 months now. Now they are not answering the phone, so I guess they went out of business.

Sep 10, 2013 #714588 North Little Rock, Arkansas

my 32 inch TV ust cut off by its self,now wont come back on by no means...I think I am out of a T.V.

Stan

Aug 08, 2013 #696268 Rockledge, Florida

Just bought the 32 inch Element TV from Target, Did I do the right thing??

Aug 07, 2013 #695232 Miami, Florida

Having same issue with Element TV purchased at Target. This is ridiculous. Employee at Target told us that that TV always has this issue. Why does Target continue selling it?!??

SteelTrepid

Aug 03, 2013 #692883 Toledo, Ohio

I'm sorry to hear your technician was worthless.
I just completed a repair on this model and saw the same problem. I however am a good technician and I fixed this problem for my customer. After replacing the board, I saw the problem, but know that updating the firmware fixes it. I updated and the TV is working properly. Download the firmware, put it on a USB flash drive, and then update the TV. The picture will be orientated right and you'll be good to go. Good luck!

LARRY THE CABLE GUY

Sep 29, 2013 #723082

hOW DO I GET THE FIRMWARE?

Michale

Jul 14, 2015 #1007351 Jacksonville, Florida

I really need the firmware for an ELEFT466 as I have the same problem as the OP...
Does anyone have a link to the firmware download??

1-20 of 22 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Element Electronics. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Element Electronics.
Filing a new complaint about
×