Element Electronics - Element 40" TV shuts off randomly

I bought an Element 40" TV from Target .The TV shuts off randomly .

I tried for weeks to get Target to take care of the problem and they referred me to the manufacturer ( of some company posing as Element) . At first they said that it would be covered for a tech to come to my house and fix it , then they wanted me to ship the TV to them . What was a real game changer was the fact that they wanted me to lock up $400 on a credit card and they would send a replacement TV while mine was being repaired . That, in addition to having to spend $45 to pack it and ship it to them .

Finally they referred me back to Target , and they said it was a factory warranty .

Tired of playing games .Will never shop in Target and never buy any Element products

d437e8d review #463433
5 Helpful? 2
Had the same issue14 Comments2 Report
Had an experience with Element Electronics?  Submit review about this company
Jules

Jan 09 Lincoln, Nebraska

Same story here. Although the TV did last almost one year to the day I purchased it at a Black Friday sale at Target. Still, one year for a tv isn't very good -- even for a budget brand.

2 0 Reply

Jan 06 Austin, Texas

I have the same problem, I took the first one I bought on Black Friday back and exchanged it for another. It shuts off whenever it feels like it. This TV is *** and they should stop producing them. Never will I purchase anything with the word ELEMENT on it.

1 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.